Welcome, YPAD Certification Curriculum Contributor!
We are so excited to be working with you on this groundbreaking program! YPAD’s certification program is a pioneering dance activism undertaking that will be the first of its kind on a global level. By educating those who hold powerful influence over our youth and their parents, we can change the landscape of dance and implement cohesive practices to protect and advocate for the emotional, physical and sexual health and safety of our children and teens. We hope not only to change dancers’ lives but to open the hearts and minds of the educators by equipping them with the awareness and resources they need to make this mission a priority. Ultimately we hope our efforts will lead to gender equality and true empowerment for generations to come.
The following document is a “Volunteer Contributor Agreement” that we hope will serve two important purposes. First, it will clarify our purpose and how the curriculum development process will work, as well as what our respective roles will be. We feel this is important to do before we start working together on this endeavor. Second, this document will provide YPAD with the legal standing and protections it needs to move the certification program forward. As many of you have heard, unfortunate recent events have made it clear that not everyone has YPAD’s best interests in mind.
Here’s a quick, overly simplified breakdown of what the Volunteer Contributor Agreement includes (I’ve included section titles for easy reference):
• VOLUNTEER CONTRIBUTOR’S ROLE – This section outlines of your role as a Certification Program volunteer contributor and an acknowledgement that you’ll be working on a volunteer basis.
• CONTRIBUTOR’S WORK – A discussion of the types of work you might be contributing, your agreement that you will only contribute original work (or material that you have the legal right to contribute to the project), and your acknowledgement that while Y.P.A.D will make efforts to conserve the integrity of your contributions, we may need to edit your work to ensure style and messaging consistency.
• COPYRIGHT – YPAD will need to own all the copyright to the curriculum material. This section contains your agreement that the copyright in your contributed materials will belong to YPAD and that, if necessary, you will sign documentation to help make that happen.
• CONTRIBUTOR CREDIT & PROMOTION – An outline of how you’ll receive credit for your contributions and your agreement to allow YPAD to use your name and other information in connection with the YPAD certification program.
• CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONFLICTS OF INTEREST – For the certification development process to work, there needs to be built-in trust. We need to be able to communicate and share information freely between us. This section describes the expectations and responsibilities related to keeping information confidential and to acting in YPAD’s best interests.
• COMMUNICATIONS – This section lays out YPAD’s public communications structure and your responsibilities in the event you want to need to speak on YPAD’s behalf.
• REMEDIES AND JURISDICTION & MISCELLANEOUS – These sections contain the outline of our respective rights and responsibilities on contractual issues like remedies for breach of the agreement, jurisdiction, alternative dispute resolution, amendments, assignment and other boilerplate provisions.
If you have ANY questions, concerns or feel uncomfortable in any way with any aspect of the Agreement or on the certification development process, please reach out! This is an ambitious undertaking filled with political push back and challenges simply from a funding and activist perspective. Due to these facts we want to make every effort to maintain harmony and honest communication with our valuable contributors to ensure all involved feel comfortable with the Agreement and our relationship as we move forward. Thank you!!!
YPAD CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
VOLUNTEER CONTRIBUTOR AGREEMENT