YPAD CERTIFIED AFFILIATE AGREEMENT:
CONFIDENTIALITY, CONFLICTS OF INTEREST, COPYRIGHT, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND BRAND/MESSAGE PROTECTIONS
Welcome YPAD Warrior!
We are so excited to be working with you to raise the standards of integrity for dance education with youth. We are elated you have chosen to become a YPAD Certified Dance Professional and/or Studio/Organization! The YPAD Certification Program and Training is a pioneering dance activism undertaking that is the first of its kind on a global level, which makes you all a part of His/Herstory! 😉
The following document is a “Certified Dance Professional and Studio/Organization Owner Legal Agreement” that we hope will serve two important purposes. It will clarify what our respective roles will be. We feel this is important to do before we start working together. Second, this document provides YPAD with the legal standing and protections it needs as it moves forward.
Here’s a quick, overly simplified breakdown of what the Volunteer Certified Affiliate Agreement includes (I’ve included section titles for easy reference):
- CERTIFIED AFFILIATE – This section outlines of your role as a YPAD CERTIFED AFFILIATE and an acknowledgement that once you are certified your work with children and teens will not only be a reflection of you but of YPAD.
- CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONFLICTS OF INTEREST – For the certification program to work, there needs to be built-in trust. We need to be able to communicate and share information freely between us including if we received reports you may not be keeping in YPAD standards. This section describes the expectations and responsibilities related to keeping information confidential and to acting in YPAD’s best interests. This also is specific in what types of programming you can and cannot teach that are YPAD related. This excludes classes, programs and events that are sponsored by, co-created, approved by and/or endorsed by YPAD. Communication regarding conflicts of interest are key.
- COMMUNICATIONS – This section lays out YPAD public communications structure and your responsibilities in the event you want or need to speak on YPAD’s behalf.
- COPYRIGHT – YPAD owns all the copyright to our educational videos, seminars, self-esteem and certification curriculum and all written material. This section contains your agreement that the copyright in your materials belongs to YPAD therefore making it a legal breach of contract to reproduce its likeness in print or verbal presentation in any marketing, seminars, dance classes or programs you may develop (whether for profit or volunteer) without first discussing this with YPAD. This excludes classes, programs and events that are sponsored by, approved of and/or endorsed by YPAD. This excludes sharing the information one on one or in a class setting to use the YPAD material to become a better educator or communicator with students, parents and colleagues. Communication regarding copyright is key.
- REMEDIES AND JURISDICTION & MISCELLANEOUS – These sections contain the outline of our respective rights and responsibilities on contractual issues like remedies for breach of the agreement, jurisdiction, alternative dispute resolution, amendments, assignment and other boilerplate provisions.
If you have ANY questions, concerns or feel uncomfortable in any way with any aspect of the Agreement, please reach out! YPAD is an ambitious undertaking and it is crucial we all work together to maintain the integrity of its brand, which is the content of its messaging. Due to these facts, we want to make every effort to maintain harmony and honest communication with our valuable Certified Affiliates to ensure all involved feel comfortable with the Agreement and our relationship as we move forward. Thank you!!!