Join us this first-of-its-kind international videoconference presented by YPAD and child sexual abuse prevention and education expert Svava Brooks - August 5th 9 AM PST – By reservation only, spots limited.
Join us to learn and unite to keep our youth healthy and safe in dance! (RSVP BELOW!)
As adults and dance professionals, it is our job to keep kids and teens safe. And, as with any other activity involving children and teens, the risk of sexual abuse and exploitation exists in our world of dance. To be responsible and ethical we need to educate ourselves on the risks as they currently exist and to arm ourselves with the education, information, resources and compassion needed to address these risks. As Svava Brooks explains:
“Those who sexually abuse children look for settings where they can gain easy access to children. These include sport leagues, faith centers, clubs and schools.” – Darkness to Light
- Facts and Statistics
- What is Child Sexual Abuse?
- Where and how does it happen?
- How can organizations protect themselves
- Code of conduct – They key is transparency!
- How to respond to disclosure?
- How to empower children and families
- How to offer support to victims of abuse
- Further education and resources.